Our mission at NUsolar is to share our passion for sustainability and green transportation with the community. If you are in Evanston or Greater Chicago Area, please feel free to browse our previous events below and reach out if you would like to learn more!
Is your school having an Earth Day Event? Are you hosting a STEM science fair? NUsolar visits Chicago schools to give talks about solar energy and solar cars. Whether you’re hosting an event that has something to do with solar energy, or you just want to organize a special assembly event, NUsolar members will be more than happy to come and speak. Learn more about our school outreach below.
NUsolar frequently brings our solar car to community events such as the Evanston Green Living Festival or the Green Living Expo at McHenry Country College. We like to spread the word about solar energy and alternative forms of transportation. People who visit our booth are always very curious about the car and how it works.
Click below to learn more about how we can be at your event!
As a Northwestern Student Organization, we are always looking to partner with other student groups to show off our project. If your engineering, sustainability or other student group is looking to partner for an event, please reach out to us through our Website or on Facebook.
School and Educational Outreach
- Your school should be within a 30 minute drive of Northwestern. If you fall outside this range, it may be more difficult to accommodate you because of class schedules. Contact us for further details.
- We do not charge a set fee to speak, but gifts to help the solar car team are always welcome and can be submitted through our Support page. We do also ask that you help cover transportation and food costs for our members.
- Please give us at least 2 weeks notice for presentation-only requests and 6 weeks notice if you want us to be able to bring the solar car.
- Our presentation-only talks require only a projector and a small table for hands-on materials. For events where we bring the solar car, we require a parking space for our trailer (contact us for dimensions) as well as a 20′ x 20′ presentation space for the car.
- Minimum solar car dimensions are 16′ x 5.5′ x 4′ (for checking clearances on doors).
- We typically take pictures at these events. Please let us know if any of the attendees have not signed a photography permission form.
- Your event should take place within a 45 minute drive of Northwestern. If you fall outside this range, it may be more difficult for us to attend because of class schedules. Contact us for details.
- As we are a Not-For-Profit organization, we ask that any registration fees be waived. That will make it much easier for us to come and add atmosphere and Northwestern spirit to your event.
- Our trailer measures 7’9″ x 32’0″ and requires a total space of 8’0″ x 70’0″ to safely unload the solar car.
- Please let us know if you will be providing a table/tent or if you would like us to bring our own. We typically set out a table full of pamphlets and hands-on materials for visitors to touch and feel, next to the solar car.
- Minimum solar car dimensions are 16′ x 5.5′ x 4′
- We typically take pictures at these events. Please let us know up front if this is prohibited for any reason.